Endurance - one of the most exciting adventure stories I have read in a while, and I do love adventure stories. It's 1914. The expedition is to cross the Antarctic overland. Dangerous weather is always on the horizon. The ship, Endurance, becomes trapped in the ice and this sets the crew in survival mode which goes on longer that any human today could even imagine. The conditions are extraordinarily dangerous, the work is grueling, survival is never a given. In fact, one would think that they are surviving only to delay the death that is sure to come. The author had access to many of the original diaries and spoke to ten of the survivors.
You can read about the expedition before hand to trigger your memory if you choose, but I might suggest that you just enjoy the book and then look up the believable statistics and facts.
"Ice" movie - coming soon?
No comments:
Post a Comment