Monday, March 10, 2014

Waiting to Be Heard: A Memoir by Amanda Knox (only CD)

Amazon: Amanda Knox spent four years in a foreign prison for a crime she did not commit.
In the fall of 2007, the 20-year-old college coed left Seattle to study abroad in Italy, but her life was shattered when her roommate was murdered in their apartment.
After a controversial trial, Amanda was convicted and imprisoned. But in 2011, an appeals court overturned the decision and vacated the murder charge. Free at last, she returned home to the U.S., where she has remained silent, until now.

G: This is a story about a girl and the Italian judicial system. I was prepared to hear a very biased telling of her story, yet it was still very interesting. My belief was reinforced that one must be very careful in another country because there is no guarantee of protection from your home country. With one daughter who is almost never stateside, I think of this often. I am not sure what I believe as to her innocence, but one must not be naive to what is going on around you. Time will tell for Amanda Knox's future with the recent turn of events in her case.

Recent update from CNN

No comments:

Post a Comment